Before you begin playing the game, read all the instructions
on this page.
1. Open the which is a map of the United
2. For this game, the starting state is New York state.
3. Find the star and move it to the starting state
on the map.
4. To find the next state to move to, click on
Clue Card 1 button and read the clues.
5. To match the state with the clues, click on all the
abbreviated names of the states bordering New York
on the map.
6. Read the information about these states to see which
state matches the clues.
If you are not sure of the abbreviations used for the names
of the states, click on the
7. Move the star to this state.
8. Enter the name of this state next to the Clue Card Button
on the Game Board.
9. Go back to step 4 and repeatsteps 4 to 6 for all five
10. Click the Destination button to see if you followed
all the clues correctly and are in the correct state.
If you don't finish playing the game, save your clues to
your web portfolio.
11. a) If your answer is correct, try playing another round
or go on to the next page and make
up your own clues.
b) If you are not at the right destination, check all the
clues again to see where you made your mistake.